Related Topics

Helping You Obtain A Fair Child Support Order

Under Oklahoma law, both parents are expected to contribute to the care of their children, even after divorce. At Ball & Morse, PLLC, our child support attorneys assist both mothers and fathers with issues relating to:

  • Requesting child support — Support is an issue that is usually addressed during the divorce process. However, if the parents were not married, the primary caregiver may need to seek the court's help in obtaining a child support order.
  • Modifying child support — If one of the parents' circumstances significantly change, he or she can seek to modify the support amount. This usually occurs when a parent gains or loses a job or makes changes to the custody and parenting time arrangements.
  • Enforcing court orders — If the noncustodial parent refuses to pay the court-ordered amount of support, he or she may be held in contempt of court. In some cases, his or her wages may be garnished or other steps may be taken.

Child Support Guidelines

Oklahoma family law courts follow certain guidelines when determining how much money the noncustodial parent should pay toward the financial support of his or her children. These guidelines take many factors into account, including but not limited to:

  • The child custody arrangement
  • Both parents' incomes and earning abilities
  • The health care and educational needs of the child
  • Any existing child support or alimony orders

Call Us For A Consultation

To learn more about seeking support, modifying the monthly amounts or enforcing a support order, contact Ball & Morse, PLLC. Call 405-701-5355 or contact our lawyers via email to arrange a initial consultation.

We serve clients in the Oklahoma City area and throughout the state from our offices in Norman.

  • Best Lawyers
  • Wealth Counsil